Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bag Slasher

Hi, I received the following email from a friend who stays in TTDI. This incident happened on Sunday, Oct 25 at the TTDI market.

WYC
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear neighbours,

I fell victim to a bag slasher at the TTDI wet market this Sunday morning. This person is a real pro; I was not pushed in any way and didn't feel a thing. I only discovered that my wallet was missing from my little carry bag when I wanted to pay for vegetables. The stall holder noticed a slash on the carry bag. Luckily my handphone was not filched, and my car keys were in my pants pocket. I lost about RM200 cash and my credit card. By the time I reported the loss of my credit card about 40 mins later, the thief had already used my card at the Bukit Kiara Caltex petrol station.

Mrs Chan, who operates a fish stall, told me that I was the second victim this morning. She says that a Myanmarese woman is the bag slasher and there have been many such cases at the market, esp on weekends when there are many people. I suspect that my bag was slashed as I traversed the concourse and through the lane flanked by vegetable stalls where there were many people. There's probably a syndicate operating there.

I made a police report in the morning and this was followed by an interview with the investigating officer in the afternoon.

Hope you will all be more careful at the market and pasar malam.

LM Lam
30 LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment